The key to your Valentine’s heart

Giving the perfect gift on Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be stressful or overwhelming. With careful thought and consideration, anyone can find a gift that will truly make a loved one feel special and appreciated. 

To find the perfect gift, consider a loved one’s interests and hobbies, and choose a gift that aligns with their personal preferences. It could be something as simple as a handwritten letter, or a thoughtful piece of jewelry. The key is to show that effort has been put into selecting a meaningful gift. It’s not about the amount of money spent, but the thought that counts. Any heartfelt gesture will always be appreciated.  

“My go-to gift is a blanket, a stuffed animal, some chocolates, and flowers,” explained Marshfield High School sophomore Paulina Acuna Vasquez. 

Students receive pleasure from a diverse range of gifts for various reasons. A few feminine options include blankets, flowers, and candy–but chocolate is preferred. Gifts can be given for romantic purposes or even as acts of kindness towards friends. The gift that is most common to either receive or give are flowers. 

“My favorite gift to receive on Valentine’s Day is definitely flowers,” said MHS sophomore Marina Mascarenas. “Flowers are a very romantic gift and I feel like every girl loves them.”

Other students have a different way of approaching the best gift to give. 

“I think on Valentine’s Day love is definitely important to give,” explained junior Brodie Loudenbeck. “I personally think the best gift to give on Valentine’s Day is flowers.”

Giving a gift isn’t solely dependent on spending money. Expressing care for someone can be as simple as writing a heartfelt letter. This simple gesture effectively demonstrates love and appreciation. 

“I like to receive flowers and chocolate, but I’ve never got any,” said Acuna Vasquez.

Many people tend to be on the fence about whether or not to get somebody a Valentine’s Day gift because of fear that the person receiving the gift will take it the wrong way. Additionally, gift-giving is not limited to romantic relationships. Offering a gift to a friend holds just as much equal meaning and significance. 

“If I were to shop for a friend, I would get them some sort of candy to show that they are just a friend,” says Loudenbeck.

When seeking gifts with a more masculine appeal, it is worth considering options such as clothing, which can include sweatpants or sweatshirts. 

“I think the best gift to give a guy is chocolates and a sweatshirt,” said Mascarenas.

Giving a stuffed animal doesn’t have to be the first option but is still up to consideration. Lastly, while chocolate is generally enjoyed by all, exploring other options could be beneficial. 

“The perfect gift for a boy is probably a teddy bear and candy,” mentions Loudenbeck.

No matter how big the gift or how small, showing someone that they are cared for or loved is something that is unforgettable. What truly matters is the sentiment behind it. Expressing care and love towards someone is a gesture that leaves a lasting impression.